Numerous private limited International Business Companies (IBC) have been set up in Cyprus which operate in a number of different industries and business sectors including advertising & marketing, insurance, holding companies, shipping and ship management, invoicing and re-invoicing, real estate and land development.
International Business Companies may be also formed for the purpose of management and control of any other activities.
Advantages of an IBC
- One of the lowest Corporation tax rate in the EU at 12.5%;
- Double taxation treaties with numerous countries;
- No withholding tax on dividends paid to non-residents;
- No withholding tax on interest;
- Tax exempt profit from the disposal of securities ;
No capital gains tax (except from the disposal of immovable property in Cyprus)